Wellness and Patient Engagement
Caradigm facilitates wellness and patient engagement to promote healthier lifestyles and empower patients in your population.
Patient engagement and empowerment is a key component of integrated care and managing the health and wellness of populations. Patient lifestyle and behaviours can have a much greater influence on health outcomes than the efforts of providers or health plans. Your organisation can engage patients for smoother recovery from health episodes and encourage informed patients to take greater responsibility for ongoing self-management.
Engage Patients for Better Results
Caradigm solutions provide three opportunities for you to engage patients for better results.
- Patients within the episode of care—making patients part of the care team, engaging with them early in the episode and in the hospital, preventing readmissions and providing them with tools for self-care
- Patients with chronic conditions—addressing the segments of the population that generate the highest cost, yet are often motivated and open to patient engagement, by providing the tools for ongoing care management in the home
- Healthy patients—engaging them around wellness and health maintenance and promoting fitness and positive behaviours to prevent health episodes and cost
To foster success in encouraging patients to take more responsibility for their own healthcare, you must employ the technology best suited to support engagement for each of the opportunities. Caradigm’s advanced solutions for integrated care are highly automated to avoid adding overhead costs and administrative time, integrated with clinical and financial systems, and capable of delivering the necessary capabilities for patient-centred care:
- Health information delivered before appointments to help patients prepare for their physician visit or treatment, on discharge or transition of care to lay out next steps and to improve patient compliance
- Online access to a version of their care plan, including lab test results, vital statistics, and other health measures
- Patient alerts to encourage preventive care, for health statistics that indicate physician intervention could be useful, for healthy patients to improve preventive care, for early disease detection and to identify gaps in care (missed appointments, health check-ups, prescriptions, etc.)
- Health risk assessments used to identify at-risk patients that aren't otherwise being detected and combined with other health trends, and shared via the care plans to allow patients to evaluate their own performance relative to health improvement goals
- Motivation tools to encourage healthier behaviour, including physician and care giver engagement and intervention if necessary
Patient Portal and Personal Health Records
Get Real Health’s InstantPHR™, is a patient portal and personal health record that enables comprehensive patient engagement, care coordination and tracking of patient progress through chronic disease and care transitions.
A patient engagement platform, InstantPHR leverages the robust data aggregation and normalisation features of the Caradigm Intelligence Platform. InstantPHR is a highly customisable, patient-centred toolkit that can be used to configure web and mobile web applications for a wide variety of use cases and clinical environments. It offers a customisable portal with more than 200 patient and provider health empowerment and activation tools.
Built for a wide variety of primary and secondary care providers and their patients, InstantPHR helps healthcare organisations share important health information with patients, educate them about their health conditions, and track progress and outcomes outside of facility walls—thereby facilitating chronic disease management, care transitions and readmissions rate reductions. Additionally, InstantPHR provides important health alerts and self-management action plans to patients, their providers and family caregivers; all designed using relevant personal health information.
Caradigm solutions for wellness and patient engagement support you on your journey towards integrated care. Click here to request further information or a demo.
Get Real Health at HIMSS14
Cortney Nicolato from Get Real Health discusses emerging trends in patient engagement and the value created through their partnership with Caradigm.